Preregistration & OSF
Unreviewed Preregistration is a time-stamped, read-only version of your research plan created before you begin data collection. By pre-specifiying data analysis decisions, you’re ensuring that your decisions are not contigent on the data. The pre registration can be shared with reviewers, editors, and other researchers.
The majority of preregistration are completed on The Open Science Framework (OSF) part of The Center for Open Science (COS). Their motto is “Show your work. Share your work. Advance Science”. There are templates to suit various types of research, plus information on preregistering qualitative research and secondary data.
Note that this type of preregistration does not provide the assurance that comes with a Registered Report, that once you have IPA the study will be published regardless of outcome.
- Create an OSF Account it’s quick, easy and free
- Getting started with OSF workshop
- Research Registration 101
- How to Preregister
- Examples of Preregistrations
- Templates of OSF Preregistration Forms
- Preregistration for Qualitative Research Template
- Pregistration of Secondary Data
- Email email@example.com for specific advice
- Research Template to Start a OSF New Project (Confirmatory)
- Preregistration Community Support contact us if you need help with your prereg
- Pre-Registration in Social Psychology – a Discussion and Suggested Template
- The Preregistration Revolution